Terms of Reference
- Ensuring that sufficient funds are kept for Town Council’s operations.
- To regulate and administer the Town Councils Financial Rules governing the allocation and use of the Council funds.
- To oversee the preparation of the Annual Budget and Annual Accounts.
- To develop accounting policies for the preparation of financial statements and presentations of disclosures, and ensuring conformity with standard accounting principles.
- To oversee the financial performance of the Town Council including :
- Investment of funds of the Council and monitoring of returns on investment.
- Arrears management – monitoring arrears situation, establishing arrears management guidelines/standards, evaluating appeals and recommending write-off.
- To review s&cc rates, penalty charges and administrative fees.